So I created my first Zotonic site as a reasonable clone of the Django/Pinax site, I'd tested with apache-events+mod_wsgi and nginx+uwsgi. It was pretty straight forward with Zotonic using a version of ErlyDTL for templating. The hardest thing for me to grapple with was adding CSS files to the templates. Zotonic has built-in a system similar to django_compressor to combine multiple css or js files in to one, so I had to figure out how to get Zotonic to recognize that I had added new css files to the sites "lib" directory for static resources.
With that task learned I ran some benchmarks across the 802.11g wireless lan using siege -b -r50 -c# 5 times for each #. As always take the numbers with a grain of salt as these tests weren't the only services running on the server.
|# of simul clients||min/avg/max # of transactions/sec|